Located 2 hours drive from Krakow. This is a most famous Polish mountain resort, winter sports center and the capital of Polish Highlanders’ culture. The wild beauty of the country around Zakopane, the clear mountain streams, the immense forest and most of all the breathtaking landscapes of the Tatra Mountains will leave you enchanted forever. The beloved place of Saint John Paul II walking paths.
- Stroll down the Krupowki – a main pedestrian street in Zakopane and take a cable up to Gubalowka Hill to enjoy the unforgettable views of Polish and Slovak Tatras;
- See the Jaszczurówka Chapel – the great example of the wooden architecture in Zakopane
- Visit the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Fatima at Krzeptówki, which was built by people of Zakopane to thank the Lady of Fatima for saving Pope’s after a stroke on John Paul II’s life;
- Climb up to see the most beautiful mountain lake in Europe, the Morskie Oko, with the views of the highest peaks and pure crystal water and one of the most favourite places of Saint John Paul II;
- Experience the folklore of Polish Highlanders’ through meetings with local artists and musicians. Have a look at the traditional architecture that blends with the natural landscapes and taste local cuisine;
- Visit the oldest parish church in Ludzmierz famous for its miraculous figure of Our Lady Queen of Podhale, a wooden sculpture almost 600 year old.
- Take a unique rafting down the Dunajec river through the Pieniny Gorge on highlanders’ raft to admire the most beautiful gorges in Europe with variety of flora and fauna;